Orlando Attractions – Know Before You Go
What makes Orlando, Florida one of the most exciting and sought-after vacation destinations in the world? It’s where kids both big and small come to experience magnificent lands found nowhere else. Orlando’s major theme parks answer the call for family fun, thrills, and adventure with fantastic attractions that’ll make for an unforgettable family vacation. Here’s your guide to planning and getting the most from your Orlando theme park adventure.
Walt Disney World®
The park that started it all, Walt Disney World is known as “The Most Magical Place on Earth”. Vacation fantasies meet reality at four main parks.
- Epcot® – an around-the-world tour with the look and feel of a world’s fair, this park celebrates science, invention, and innovation. It’s a favorite of kids and adults alike.
- Magic Kingdom® – The home of your best-loved characters and magical princess castles, this park is a must-see on your Disney vacation.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom® – Nature lovers with a sense of adventure will enjoy the jungle trails, exotic animals, and spectacular nighttime extravaganzas of water and light.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios® – Celebrating the world of film and show business, Hollywood Studios is the home of all things Star Wars, your favorite characters from Frozen, and Indiana Jones.
- Pandora – The World of Avatar, an ambitious new Animal Kingdom addition inspired by the popular Avatar film.
Vacations to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ are just made for the hardcore fun and thrill seekers in your family.
- Universal Studios Florida – Favorite movies and TV shows come alive with exhilarating experiences at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ or TRANSFORMERS featuring Optimus Prime. Enjoy one of the amazing 3D rides that let you become part of the action, and coaster fans can hang onto their seats at The Revenge of the Mummy® or the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit®.
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure is all about the big thrill rides. Interactive attractions feature cartoons, comic book heroes and cutting edge rides guaranteed to take you on epic adventures through Toon Lagoon®, Jurassic Park®, or Seuss LandingTM. Visit and see why Trip Advisor named Islands of Adventure the number one theme park in the world, two years in a row.
- Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park is an all-new park where you can experience both excitement and peaceful relaxation. There’s something for every water lover.
More than a theme park, SeaWorld Orlando is a marine animal encounter that lets your family explore a unique vacation experience in an aquatic entertainment. There are three sections to SeaWorld Orlando: SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove.
- SeaWorld – One third of this theme park is a marine and animal zoo, one third a theme park, and the last third a marine animal hospital. Take in one of the astounding dolphin and Shamu shows, and get your thrills on wild coaster rides like the Kraken, or Journey to Atlantis, the water coaster.
- Aquatica – Rides and slides make for all day family fun in the Florida sunshine. Try Roa’s Rapids®, Tassie’s Twisters waterslide, or the biggest thrill in the park, Taumata Racer, a high-speed competitive mat slide ride.
- Discovery Cove® – Get up close at this all-inclusive day resort and enjoy amazing animal encounters with dolphins, tropical birds, and otters. You’ll also find tropical reefs, pools with waterfalls, and even sandy beaches in the middle of Orlando.
- Look for Kraken® 2.0, a fully 3D, digitally enhanced version of the original, in which it becomes a deep sea coaster that takes you on a mission to discover ancient and mythical sea creatures.
A hands-on vacation experience created for family members 12 years of age and under, LEGOLAND is a more relaxed park that includes a water park and Cypress Gardens. There’s good old-fashioned fun to be found at every turn as kids use their imaginations to create and build whatever their minds can architect. See how Lego bricks are made in Fun Town or visit the medieval town of Lego Kingdoms. Beyond the kingdom, the Land of Adventure awaits where life-sized LEGO dinosaurs tower over the prehistoric jungle.
- Discover LEGO® NINJAGO® World, a new martial arts land where kids train to become a LEGO ninja and prepare for their final battle on Ninjago, the 3D dark ride.
Pack your sunglasses, swimsuit, and GoPro and get your Orlando adventure underway!