Pigeon Forge, TN
Just outside Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the tucked-away city of Pigeon Forge offers a sought-after getaway for enthusiastic vacationers, who love to visit no matter the season. Whether you long for a retreat under oaks blanketing the mountainside, are a carnival ride aficionado seeking new thrills, or a bluegrass fan in search of authentic live entertainment, you’ll find all that and more right here in Pigeon Forge.
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to 900 miles of verdant nature trails and unmatched vistas, where you’ll find unmatched vistas at scenic points like the famous Clingman’s Dome or the towering rocks of Chimney Tops. Whitewater rafting adventures are a popular pastime in this area, and it’s known as a top spot for Appalachian brook trout fishing, or swimming in refreshing watering holes. Outside of the park, there’s a lot to love about Pigeon Forge, from the exciting events scheduled throughout the year to the delicious down-home cuisine prepared in dining establishments throughout the area.
Here’s our list of everything you’ll want to see and do while visiting Pigeon Forge and nearby Gatlinburg. Plan your Pigeon Forge getaway today!
Many different events make up the exciting events calendar in the Smoky Mountains. You’ll find lots of country-themed gatherings throughout the year, such as:
- The Smoky Mountain Snowdown
- A Mountain Quiltfest
- Bloomin’ Barbecue & Bluegrass Festival
- Bluegrass Christmas in the Smokies Music Festival
How To / Tips
Want to save money, time and effort when planning your next Pigeon Forge excursion? Take a look at these 25 handy tips covering a range of topics:
- How to pack lightly and still be prepared for whatever your vacation brings
- Tips for keeping your family safe on a mountainside drive
- Money-saving tips for preparing meals, clipping coupons and timing your visit to attractions
The best reason to plan a getaway to Pigeon Forge is to revel in the great outdoors. Here’s just a short list of the kinds of fun and adventure you’ll find amid the mountains, trees and fresh air of the Smokies.
- Fishing trout in headwater, and smallmouth bass in coolwater streams
- Miniature golf in the mountains at a dozen different venues
- White water rafting and inner tubing on the rapids
- Hiking at all skill levels, distances and elevations
- Horseback riding and zip lining
Tennessee down-home cooking awaits you at any number of local favorite restaurants within a short drive of your Bluegreen resort. Here are just some of the local dishes you’ll savor.
- Crispy fried green tomatoes
- Baby back ribs, Tennessee-style
- Sizzling hot buttermilk, corn meal and sweet potato pancakes
- Swiss-style bratwurst
- Appalachian BBQ
- Classic southern grits
- Chicken-Fried Steak with gravy
- Homestyle blackberry cobbler
- Homemade chili, cooked low and slow
Things to Do
When not taking advantage of the great outdoors, you’ll find plenty of exciting activities in and around Pigeon Forge.
- Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede®
- The Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show™
- Iris Theater
- The Village Shops
- Star Cars Museum
No visit to the Smokies is complete without old-school theme park activities like Ferris wheels, carnival rides, midway games, and these fun attractions:
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies and Mirror Maze
- Fun Mountain Amusement Park
- The Island
- Great Smoky Mountain Wheel
Bluegreen Vacations offers both style and affordability in spacious villas that comfortably fit the whole family. Resorts in both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are convenient to the most popular attractions and activities your family will want to enjoy on their Smoky Mountains vacation.
Right at the foothills of the national park, this beautiful resort offers whirlpool tubs, fireplaces and full kitchens in every villa. Numerous pools, a fitness center, and year-round activities complete the Smokies experience, and provide you the rest and relaxation you need on your Pigeon Forge visit.
Looking for that perfect Pigeon Forge getaway to experience everything the mountains has to offer? Take a look at our resort offer and save on your next stay.