What you'll love about The Lodge Alley Inn™
Take a step back in time with a stay at The Lodge Alley Inn in the heart of old Charleston, the cultural capital of the South, where layers of history await your discovery. The resort is actually a collection of 18th century warehouses that have been lovingly restored to preserve their history while also providing guests with all the modern-day comforts and conveniences. Accommodations at the resort include cozy studios, larger 1-bedroom suites and lofts for up to 4 guests, and spacious 2 bedroom town homes that can sleep up to 6 guests.
This Charleston landmark reflects its rich European heritage with its original pine floors and red brick walls, thick Oriental carpets, period reproductions and intimate parlors with fireplaces. The Victorian-style suites blend old-world charm in the common living areas with a boutique accommodations experience.
The Lodge Alley Inn is conveniently located just steps from Charleston Harbor, the Market and Rainbow Row. Once the valet parks your car, let our concierge arrange a historic walking tour or a horse-drawn carriage to take you around town.
For a four-star meal and an extensive wine selection, dine at the neighboring High Cotton restaurant, a winner of Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence since 2003.
After dinner, take a leisurely stroll around the historic district or just unwind in the courtyard and chat by the fountain. Upon returning to your room, relax in the ambience of Charleston’s long history, ascend a spiral staircase to a cozy loft, or climb into a four-poster bed
AMENITIES & ATTRACTIONS
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- On-Site Security
- Valet Parking
- Cable TV
- Coffee Maker
- Downtown Charleston’s Lowcountry Restaurants
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- Historic Charleston City Market
- Museum Mile
- Parks, Plantations and Gardens
- Rainbow Row
FLOOR PLANS - Dimensions and furnishings may vary
- Minimum age for check-in:
- 4 p.m. ET
- 10 a.m. ET
- Office hours:
- 24 hours
- Nearest airport:
- Charleston International (CHS)
- Miles to resort:
- Pet policy:
- No pets allowed. For more information, please click here.
- Pre-check in:
- We welcome Guests arriving prior to 4pm. Guests may pre-register with the Front Desk on their day of arrival after 12 noon, unload luggage, and utilize our Valet Service. When their room is available, the Resort will call the Guest's cell phone. Pre-registration helps avoid the long waits at 4pm.
- Smoking policy:
- No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine
- Valet: owners=$33/ni, non-owners=$38/ni. Self-park: Public parking at 1 Cumberland St.=$2/hour, $18/day with no moving, or metered street parking. More parking info: click here
- Deposit required:
- Upon check-in, each reservation requires a major credit card for a $100 Pre-Authorization.
- There will be multiple construction projects through September, 2023. General construction noise may be heard daily. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Other notes:
- We cannot guarantee unit placement. Our historic buildings house many unique units, some requiring stairs. Downtown noise is unavoidable, but we do offer white-noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans. No daily maid service, but towel exchange is available. 7+ night stays have a mid-week cleaning option.
Club Resorts are typically developed and/or managed by the Bluegreen family of companies. Each resort is held to the high Bluegreen standards for accommodations, amenities, service and hospitality.