Where to Vacation in Florida: Six Sunny Destinations
Florida is one of America’s top three vacation destinations, but deciding on a perfect vacation spot is a challenge – there are just too many beautiful, balmy places to choose from! The white sand beaches and turquoise waters may lure you to the coast, but America’s favorite family fun destination sits right in the state’s center. The decision seems like a tough one, but we’ve got six winning Florida spots that won’t steer you wrong no matter which you choose.
- Orlando – The Florida destination for making magical dreams come true is a can’t-miss for families looking for a memorable getaway. Visit your favorite theme park or two and enjoy the city’s diverse cuisine, museums, escape rooms and amazing festivals. Take a look at The Fountains and Orlando’s Sunshine Resort™ so you can plan your Parks getaway.
- St. Augustine – Did you know that the nation’s oldest European-settled city is right here in Florida? St. Augustine was founded in 1565 when the Spanish established their fort. For a charming visit to an historic beach town, Grande Villas at World Golf Village® is a terrific choice.
- Daytona – A vacation mecca visited by generations of travelers, Daytona is at the forefront of NASCAR racing, beautiful sandy beaches, and lots of great fishing. Daytona is also home to several art museums, an annual Bike Week, great restaurants and beaches you can drive on. Daytona SeaBreeze™ is a favorite Bluegreen resort in this beach destination.
- St. Pete Beach – The Gulf of Mexico is just off the coast of what locals call “The Sunset Capital of Florida.” You won’t want to miss them so don’t forget your camera! Bluegreen at TradeWinds is an excellent choice for a relaxing resort on the Gulf coast of Florida.
- Florida Keys – Key lime pie, miles of tropical beaches, great food and water sports. There’s so much to see and do in the archipelago that is the Florida Keys. While in the Keys, stay at The Hammocks at Marathon™.
- Miami – Lively, colorful Miami can’t be captured in photos or words. The city is one that begs to be experienced! Just a few minutes from the legendary South Beach stands Solara Surfside™, an oasis perfect for the budding South Floridian in you.